Special Program has a unique concept of assisting first generation low-income students gain the opportunity to further their education. This would be further enhanced by encouragement to participate various technological, instruction and matriculation into the university setting. A university's most important assets are its students. The Department of Special Program supports A&M Kingsville's vision for a student-oriented university. The department:
- Was established to provide students with quality academic and professional support.
- Is grant-funded, and survives only if students take advantage of the support services offered
- Strives to touch the lives of as many students as possible
- Represents A&M-Kingsville with honor, dignity and integrity
- Encourages students to attend tutoring, workshop, career awareness sessions and various cultural/educational events
- Plays an active role in communicating with students
- Works to "Close the Gaps" for residents of the State of Texas.
Systematic Intervention by all programs in department.
- Academic & Scheduling Services
- Intrusive Advisement
- Career Awareness
- Financial Aid Assistance
- Enrichment & Enhancement Leadership Skills
- Psychology of Self Development and Personal Growth
- Enhance Research Study Skills
- Enhance Professional Communications and Presentation Skills
This page was last updated on: May 16, 2012