The Department of Campus Recreation and Fitness offers different fitness programs throughout the semester. These programs are designed to give incentives to a healthy lifestyle. All programs are run by the Campus Recreation staff. Come by the Student Recreation Center to sign up for our monthly programs such as, Welcome Back, Writing on the Wall, Biggest Loser, Noon Walk, Women on Weights etc.....
So what are you waiting for....Come by the Student Recreation Center and win prizes for working out. For more information, please contact Member Services Desk at (361) 593-3059. Get Fit and Stay Fit with our great programs!
Interested in PERSONAL TRAINING?
To register for personal training services you must visit the Cardio/Weight Room member services desk located in the Student Recreation Center. At the time of registration you will be required to complete and submit the following:
- Health History Form
- Exercise History and Attitude Questionnaire, and Physician's Approval Form*
* If on the Assumption of Risk, Contract/Agreement, and Registration Form you indicate that more than one of the American College of Sports Medicine coronary artery disease risk factors pertain to you, your physician must complete the Physician's Approval form prior to beginning your personal training sessions.
Testing takes under 10 minutes and can give you valuable health information including:
- Body Fat Percentage (%)
- Fat Mass
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Circumference/Girth Measurements
The Group Exercise Program offers fitness classes for TAMUK students, faculty, staff. The program is designed to increase your fitness level through safe and fun classes-at your own pace! These activities are great way to meet friends, stay in shape and keep a regular exercise routine.
- Currently enrolled TAMUK Students
- Student Recreation Center Members
This page was last updated on: January 04, 2013