Your membership in the President's Circle ensures that "success happens" quickly and with lasting impact. Your annual contributions make an immediate impact for our students by serving as a source of unrestricted aid for key initiatives and emerging priorities. Some of these areas of impact include:
Student Training and Travel
An education at Texas A&M University-Kingsville opens doors for students to receive specialized training and one-of-a-kind experiences across the country and globally. To make these opportunities a reality, external funding is often necessary. Recently President's Circle contributions supported our students by:
• Providing charter bus service for our highly successful trombone students to compete in Washington, D.C.;
• Making it possible for a contingent of bilingual education students to deliver a presentation at the University of Monterrey;
• Transporting finalists to the Young Artists State Competition in Arlington;
• Developing emerging student leaders at the Adelante Leadership Training Institute in San Antonio;
• And, assisting the Pride of South Texas marching band with travel resources to perform at selected road football games.
Scholarship and Matching Support
Many students attending Texas A&M University-Kingsville need the assistance of financial aid, and private scholarship support is a vital source of funding for these students. From 2008-2010 President's Circle members provided nearly $225,000 in scholarship and matching support. These contributions continue to impact students' lives through scholarships such as:
• Student of the Month scholarships through our local Rotary Clubs;
• Presidential Ambassador Scholarships every semester to numerous students;
• The STARS scholarship program - a program that aids the best and brightest students in South Texas as long as matching scholarship funds exist - and, as President's Club members you make us eligible!
Building on the Strengths of our Rich Heritage
As the oldest continuously operating public institution of higher learning in South Texas, Texas A&M University-Kingsville enjoys a legacy of excellence. Preserving this rich heritage upon which our current success resides so that Javelina pride resonates within each individual that sets foot on our campus is a constant priority.
Providing interactive learning environments for our students fosters student and faculty engagement, enriching the learning experience and creating life-long professional relationships. As we raise the academic bar in South Texas, private funding is critical for providing the facilities and equipment necessary for competing in an ever-changing world.
A Continuous Pursuit of Excellence
As we embrace new courses of excellence, our President’s Circle members stand alongside and assist us in our pursuit of several key objectives:
1. To tell our story, market, and continue to focus on enrollment growth in a safe, community-based residential environment;
2. To engage our students and take responsibility for helping them develop a sense of purpose that moves them to persist and graduate at high rates;
3. To continue to grow our research and become a model university of access, opportunity and success;
4. To raise expectations, engage our alumni, win championships and be an involved partner with the city of Kingsville.
This page was last updated on: July 23, 2013