Slow and Steady Comes Out on Top in Annual Children's Play
KINGSVILLE - January 29, 2010
firstname.lastname@example.org or 361.593.4979
Patience, perseverance and a healthy shot of determination are the keys to success—that’s the message brought to life in the annual Texas A&M University-Kingsville children’s play, The Great Cross Country Race.
The general public is invited to the only public performance of the play at 7 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 7 in Jones Auditorium, located on Armstrong Street, near the Santa Gertrudis Boulevard intersection. The play will be performed at 9 a.m. Feb. 8-10 for Kingsville area school children and at 9:30 a.m. Feb. 11-12 for area school children outside of Kingsville. Admission is $1 per person for all performances.
The Great Cross Country Race is a twist on the classic Aesop fable, “The Tortoise and the Hare.” The play chronicles the adventures of Sloe the tortoise and Fleet the rabbit as they compete in a race through the countryside.
The play is directed by senior education and theatre major Lindsay Ramos from Falfurrias, under the direction of theatre program director Corey Ranson.
Cast members include:
- Cassandra Clarke, senior theatre major from Three Rivers
- Betsy Wallek, senior speech and theatre major from Ben-Bolt
- Michelle Flores, sophomore theatre major from Alice
- Heraclio Gonzalez Jr., radio and television alumnus from Kingsville
- Gene Clayborne, sophomore communications major from Fontana, CA
- Christian Acevedo, freshman theatre major from San Benito
- Marcus Perez, freshman theatre major from Bishop
- Myles Martinez, freshman theatre major from San Antonio
- Amanda Soto, freshman theatre major from Hackensack, NJ
- William Martwick, sophomore music major from Beeville
- Kayla Leal, sophomore kinesiology major from Elsa
- Heidi Langschied, 8th grader from Santa Gertrudis ISD, Kingsville
- Andrea Fowle, 8th grader from Santa Gertrudis ISD, Kingsville
- David Langschied, 5th grader from Santa Gertrudis ISD, Kingsville
- Ruben Herrera, freshman from H.M. King High School, Kingsville
- Caitlyn Hornsby, 7th grader from Incarnate Word Academy, Kingsville
For additional information on the children’s play, call Ilda Ruiz at 593-3401.
This page was last updated on: July 16, 2014