Contractor to Demolish Building on Campus
KINGSVILLE - May 13, 2009
email@example.com or 361.593.2590
A contractor will begin demolition of Baugh Hall on the campus of Texas A&M University-Kingsville this week. Baugh Hall is located at 930 W. Richard Ave. South Plain Contracting Inc. from Adkins will be conducting the demolitions that could take up to two months.
The demolition will cause an increased amount of traffic and noise from the site as dump trucks, machinery and equipment will be in use. The demolition crew will be using dust control methods, but dust may still be a concern in the area if recent high winds continue. The campus community is urged to avoid driving or walking in the area.
Baugh Hall was built in 1949, originally as a residence hall, but was most recently used to house the South Texas Archives, Peeler Hall of Horns and storage for the permanent collections of the John E. Conner Museum. The archives have been moved to the Jernigan Library, the Hall of Horns has been moved to the Conner Museum and the museum collection has moved to newly air conditioned warehouse space on campus.
For more information, call 361-593-4131 or 361-593-2646.
This page was last updated on: October 30, 2012