A&M-Kingsville Ballet Folklorico Performs May 8 with Guests Sol y Luna Ballet Folklorico and H.M. King High School Mariachi
KINGSVILLE - April 24, 2007
firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-593-4143
Cultural pride the theme of the evening
The song and dance of Mexico, Spain and beyond will be featured in a performance from the Texas A&M University-Kingsville Ballet Folklorico Tuesday, May 8 at 6:30 p.m. in Jones Auditorium.
The recital, titled “Orgullosos de Nuestra Cultura,” translates to “pride for our culture.”
Joining A&M-Kingsville’s Ballet Folklorico will be Soly y Luna Ballet Folklorico from Edinburg, directed by Mario Arredondo, and mariachi from H.M. King High School.
Some of the music and dance to be featured include Tejano, flamenco, mambo and folk dances from the northeastern state of Tamaulipas, Mexico.
Admission is free for Texas A&M-Kingsville students and staff with a valid I.D. and for children under 10 years old. General admission is $3 for advance sales and $5 at the door.
Ticket locations include the Kingsville Chamber of Commerce, located at 635 E. King; Style Unlimited, at 1610 S. Brahma Blvd., Suite A; and Extreme Muscles and Fitness, at 16085 S. Brahma Blvd.
More information is available at 956-222-7592.
- Doctoral Graduate Receives Top Honors for Research from Environmental Professional Organization
- Five honored as Distinguished Students during spring commencement
- Texas A&M-Kingsville spring commencement held May 10
- A&M-Kingsville Kinesiology Professor Recognized as a Top Researcher in his Field
- Texas A&M-Kingsville professor wins prestigious Piper Award
- Graduating students receive ring as symbol of university years
This page was last updated on: April 08, 2010