Business Student Receives Accounting Scholarship
KINGSVILLE - April 05, 2007
firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-593-2590
Texas A&M University-Kingsville junior Brenda Hernandez of Premont is the recipient of a one-year $1,000 scholarship from the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants. The funds are part of the group’s Accounting Education Foundation.
Hernandez is an accounting major and a first generation college student. She is the daughter of Alfred and Maria Aleman.
She is one of 162 Texas college and university students to receive the scholarship from TSCPA this year. Recipients are accounting majors who have the intent of becoming a Texas Certified Public Accountant and entering the accounting profession upon graduation.
She applied for the scholarship through the university’s Accounting Society with help from the group’s faculty adviser Dr. Kendra Huff, assistant professor of accounting and computer information systems.
- Doctoral Graduate Receives Top Honors for Research from Environmental Professional Organization
- Five honored as Distinguished Students during spring commencement
- Texas A&M-Kingsville spring commencement held May 10
- A&M-Kingsville Kinesiology Professor Recognized as a Top Researcher in his Field
- Texas A&M-Kingsville professor wins prestigious Piper Award
- Graduating students receive ring as symbol of university years
This page was last updated on: April 01, 2010