Kangas Resigns As Women’s Basketball Coach
KINGSVILLE - March 01, 2007
KINGSVILLE, Texas (March 1, 2007) – Dina Kangas announced today that she has resigned as women’s basketball coach at Texas A&M-Kingsville after four seasons.
Javelina assistant coach Brent Pollari will serve as the team’s interim coach until a full-time coach is hired.
“I want to thank the Texas A&M-Kingsville administration, staff and the Kingsville community for their support of Javelina women’s basketball over the last four years. It’s been a great opportunity for me, but I feel that it’s time for a change for both the program and myself. I especially want to thank the student-athletes that I have been privileged to work with over the last four seasons.”
Athletics Director Jill Willson will initiate an immediate nationwide search for a new women’s basketball coach.
- Doctoral Graduate Receives Top Honors for Research from Environmental Professional Organization
- Five honored as Distinguished Students during spring commencement
- Texas A&M-Kingsville spring commencement held May 10
- A&M-Kingsville Kinesiology Professor Recognized as a Top Researcher in his Field
- Texas A&M-Kingsville professor wins prestigious Piper Award
- Graduating students receive ring as symbol of university years
This page was last updated on: May 17, 2010