Student newspaper The South Texan hosts high school UIL journalism workshop Feb. 13
KINGSVILLE - February 01, 2007
email@example.com or 361-593-4143
Four sessions taught by newspaper staffers
KINGSVILLE (February 1, 2007) — High schools throughout South Texas are invited to attend a University Interscholastic League (UIL) Journalism Workshop at Texas A&M University-Kingsville Tuesday, Feb. 13, from 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. in the Memorial Student Union Building, ballroom A.
The event is hosted by the university’s student newspaper The South Texan.
Participants will learn journalistic elements in four workshop sessions concentrating on news writing, headlines, features and editorial writing. Their instructors will be the South Texan staffers, all of whom are college students that have competed in a number of journalism conferences.
The conference also will review UIL expectations and how to compete in journalism events.
The registration fee is $10 per student. Registration deadline is Friday, Feb. 9. After that, the cost is $15 per person, due prior to the start of the workshop.
For more information, call Krista Nix at 361-593-3700 or email her firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Doctoral Graduate Receives Top Honors for Research from Environmental Professional Organization
- Five honored as Distinguished Students during spring commencement
- Texas A&M-Kingsville spring commencement held May 10
- A&M-Kingsville Kinesiology Professor Recognized as a Top Researcher in his Field
- Texas A&M-Kingsville professor wins prestigious Piper Award
- Graduating students receive ring as symbol of university years
This page was last updated on: May 18, 2010