Texas A&M University-Kingsville

‘In Remembrance’ by Dolores Price selected as art for fourth Annual President's Legacy Ball

KINGSVILLE - January 17, 2007

Contact: Jill Scoggins
or

In remembrance

KINGSVILLE, Texas (January 17, 2007) – “In Remembrance,” a watercolor of three tropical flowers in vivid shades of hot pink, plum, yellow and peach, has been chosen to set the motif for the Fourth Annual President’s Legacy Ball at Texas A&M University-Kingsville.

For the fourth consecutive year, Kingsville artist Dolores Price is providing one of her original works of art to be used in printed materials and to establish the color scheme of the décor associated with the event.

The fourth annual ball will be held Saturday, March 31, in the Ballrooms of the Memorial Student Union Building on the A&M-Kingsville campus.

Price owns and operates the Kairos Gallery in Kingsville, where she teaches painting. Her art is currently displayed across Texas, including banks in Kingsville, Victoria and Houston and the Art Center of Corpus Christi. She has exhibited since the 1970s and is a professional member of the Watercolor Society of South and a charter member of the Watercolor Society of Houston. She holds a bachelor of arts from Sam Houston State University and a master of science from Texas A&I University, the former name of Texas A&M University-Kingsville. She also has studied at Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts and Rockport’s Simon Michael School of Art.

“Art is my ministry and my goal is to create paintings inspired by the spirit within me,” she says. “I respond to a painting by the color, freshness, and design. I strive to increase my knowledge of design in every session, whether teaching or painting on my own.

“My concept of painting is serenity, and flowers are my connection. Things I love become my subjects, including grandchildren, beaches, scenes from my travels and flowers. My teachers taught me that creativity is a winding path toward an unexpected goal. So I trust my feelings and my inventiveness and then paint with all my heart. Watercolor is a wonderful medium that can relax, excite, frustrate – all in the same session. For me, it expresses my life and emotions and the joy of being alive.”

The President’s Legacy Ball is organized by a group of community and university representatives under the direction of the Office of the President and First Lady Teresa Juárez and the Division of Institutional Advancement. The event raises funds to support student scholarships at A&M-Kingsville and honors members of the Legacy Society, made up of individuals and organizations donating $100,000 or more to the university.

For more information and to make reservations for the 2007 President’s Legacy Ball, contact the Office of Development at (361) 593-4191.

This page was last updated on: May 18, 2010