School Board Workshop set
KINGSVILLE - March 28, 2006
firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-593-2590
The educational leadership and counseling department in the College of Education at Texas A&M University-Kingsville will host the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) workshop from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, March 29, on the second floor of the Memorial Student Union Building. School board members from Regions I and II will be in attendance.
Dr. Buddy Hooper, assistant professor in educational leadership and counseling, will be the workshop coordinator in conjunction with Brenda Canul from TASB. Other members of the planning committee include Don Jones, superintendent, and Carol Radford, school board member, Ricardo Independent School District; and Christine Gutierrez, superintendent, and Eden Hernandez, assistant superintendent, Bishop Consolidated Independent School District.
The program will consist of breakout sessions including Ethics for School Trustees, A Framework for Understanding Families in Poverty, No Child Left Behind—Adequate Yearly Progress, The Platinum Rule: A Valuable Tool for Working with People, School Finance Update and Legal Update on Personnel, Student and Governance Issues.
For more information on the workshop, contact Hooper at 361-593-4265 or Lydia at 361-593-2980.
- Doctoral Graduate Receives Top Honors for Research from Environmental Professional Organization
- Five honored as Distinguished Students during spring commencement
- Texas A&M-Kingsville spring commencement held May 10
- A&M-Kingsville Kinesiology Professor Recognized as a Top Researcher in his Field
- Texas A&M-Kingsville professor wins prestigious Piper Award
- Graduating students receive ring as symbol of university years
This page was last updated on: July 06, 2010