Texas A&M University System Board of Regents Approves Tenure for Eight Faculty
KINGSVILLE - July 28, 2010
email@example.com or 361.593.4979
Eight Texas A&M University-Kingsville faculty were awarded tenure by the Texas A&M University System Board of Regents.
Receiving tenure during the July 23 meeting of the Board of Regents are:
- Dr. Mamoudou Setamou, assistant professor, agronomy and resource sciences
- Dr. Cheng Chen, assistant professor, mathematics
- Dr. Manuel Flores, associate professor, communications and theatre arts
- Dr. George Vargas, assistant professor, art
- Dr. Rebecca Davis, assistant professor, educational leadership and counseling
- Dr. Francisco Aguiniga, assistant professor, civil and architectural engineering
- Dr. Horacio Duarte, associate professor, chemical and natural gas engineering
- Dr. Dazhi Sun, assistant professor, civil and architectural engineering
According to Texas A&M University System policy, tenure means the entitlement of faculty members to continue in their academic positions unless dismissed for good cause. Tenured faculty who remain in good standing shall continue to enjoy those privileges customarily associated with tenure, including an expectation of continuing employment, appropriate compensation, a suitable office and workspace, serving as a principal investigator and conducting research, teaching classes, participating in faculty governance, and representing oneself as a tenured faculty member at his or her system academic institution.
This page was last updated on: July 29, 2010