General Contest Rules
The following rules apply to all KTAI-FM contests and prizes unless otherwise specified by a contest or promotion.
- Participants and winners must be U.S. residents and American citizens
- Participants and winners must be at least 18 years of age. (Some restrictions may apply)
- Prizes cannot be transferred or given to another person
- Winners must provide the on-air dj their full name and phone number. Failure to do so will void that person as the winner
- A person can only win once every 15 days. For prizes valued at $600 or more, a person can only win once every six months. No purchase is necessary to participate
- Employees of KTAI-FM, sponsors, affiliated companies, and their immediate family and household members are NOT eligible to win.
- One winner per family and household per contest.
- Prizes must be claimed within 14 days (two weeks). Any prizes not claimed within 14 days shall be considered forfeited and will be redistributed.
- Prizes not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- On-site entries and mail-in entries, while supplies last, must be received by the announced deadline, must be handwritten, legible and include all required information. One entry per person.
- For call-in or testing contests, call the designated phone number. Criteria for winning will be announced. For online contests, criteria for winning will be announced on-air or online. Robotic entry is prohibited.
- KTAI-FM reserves the right to terminate any contest or make any other decisions regarding the outcome of the contest as KTAI-FM deems appropriate. KTAI-FM may waive any of these rules at its sole discretion
- By entering the contest, all participants hereby grant KTAI-FM exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests, in any manner KTAI-FM should choose. Participants waive all claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use
- Winner may be required to present state photo ID for certain prizes.
- By participating in the contest, participants and winners waive all claims of liability against KTAI-FM, its employees and agents, the contest sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss (including mental injury) which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in the contest, or from use of any prize
- KTAI-FM may substitute prizes, amend the rules, dates or discontinue or extend the contest at any time as announced on the air or on www.tamuk.edu/ktai or www.facebook.com/ktaifm. KTAI-FM disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the contest
- By participation in the contest, contestants agree to be bound by these contest rules, any modifications thereof, and by all other rules imposed by station management
- All conduct of the contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. KTAI-FM shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests
- KTAI-FM is not responsible for late or lost mail, technical failures or errors.
- Decisions of KTAI-FM management are final.
- Prizes may be subject to restrictions.
- All prizes awarded on-air must be picked up at the station’s studios at Manning Hall Room 167, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, 700 University BLVD, Kingsville, TX 78363 during normal business hours of 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Prizes will not be mailed unless otherwise determined by the station. Prizes will be released to winners only.
- Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
This page was last updated on: July 24, 2012