International Student Orientation
New student arrival packets
All new and transfer international students will receive an information packet upon check-in with the International Admissions Office. Information provided will cover banking, obtaining a social security card, insurance brochures, registration process, map of the TAMUK campus, and list of off-campus apartments. Further information and details will be provided to students at orientation.
Summer 2013 International Student Orientation: Friday May 31, 2013
The orientation will begin at 10:00AM till 2:00PM
New and transfer international students are required to participate in a special orientation session prior to registering for their first semester at Texas A&M University-Kingsville. For more information, please contact Student Activities at (361)593-2760 or Elizabeth Laurence at email@example.com.
Students may register for International Student Orientation for Summer 2013 at the following link:
Location: Rhode Hall 122
International Student Orientation is mandetory for all international graduate and undergraduate students who are attending TAMUK for the first time. During orientation, you will receive important information about:
- Registering for classes-on-line via the web.
- Services provided by Life Services and Wellness (health services, counseling, testing, services for students with disabilities).
- International Admissions and services provided.
- U.S. Postal Service information and proper procedures for mailing.
- Career Services and services available to students (preparing for interviews, creating a resume, job searches, career fairs).
- Understanding university rules, regulations and academic procedures.
- Maintaining proper immigration status as an international student.
- Process for obtaining a social security card.
- Student Activities and student organizations at Texas A&M University-Kingsville.
- Adjusting to life in the United States and learning about social customs.
- International Student Services are services available to all international students.
This important information will be useful to all international students upon their arrival to Texas A&M University-Kingsville and will assist the student for the duration of their studies.
Orientation also provides an opportunity for all new and transfer international students to ask questions about academic matters, scholarships, seeking on-campus jobs, obtaining a Texas driver's license or identification (ID) card, how to pay tuition and fees, obtaining a University ID card, and make new friends.
This page was last updated on: February 12, 2014