The mission of the Institute of Architectural Engineering Heritage is documentation and preservation of significant examples of the planned, built, and virtual environments important to the history and heritage of Texas and its communities through assessment, digitization, publication and planning.
The primary objectives are to:
- Make available expertise and resources to under-served communities in Texas.
- Identify and provide hands-on opportunities for multi-disciplinary research to prepare graduates in engineering, architecture, geosciences, urban planning, art and history.
- Provide images and written and audio histories for research and heritage tourism in Texas.
- Incorporate student participation into classroom education.
- Develop marketable skill sets including GIS, surveying, and photography.
- Obtain heritage preservation and GIS certification.
- Include selected high school and other potential university students in local research.
This page was last updated on: January 20, 2016