Dr. Seung Bong Ko, Assistant Professor
Seung Bong Ko is from Seoul, Korea. His academic career began at Pai Chai University in Korea, where he received his bachelor's degree in Clothing & Textiles. He earned a master’s degree in the Department of Apparel, Merchandising, Design and Textiles at Washington State University and a Ph.D. in Design, Housing, and Merchandising at Oklahoma State University. He completed his Master’s thesis about consumer apparel shopping behaviors at online stores and his doctoral dissertation about green retailing with cultural aspects. He worked at Central Michigan University to teach the apparel merchandising courses. His research interest is in green retailing, Internet shopping and consumer behavior related to the use of technologies in retailing. He joined the faculty at Texas A&M University-Kingsville in 2012.
B.S. in Clothing & Textiles, Pai Chai University
M.A. in Apparel, Merchandising, Design & Textiles, Washington State University
Ph.D. in Design Housing & Merchandising, Oklahoma State University
- Green apparel retailing with cross-cultural comparison
- Internet shopping (shipping, virtual community)
- Consumer behavior related to the use of technologies (customization, Kiosk, RFID)
Outreach and Community Service
Seung Bong Ko is an active member in the International Textiles and Apparel Association, the American Collegiate Retailing Association and the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles.
Seung Bong Ko teaches several classes in the fashion interiors merchandising.
- HSCI 1330 - Fundamentals of Fashion
- HSCI 2335 - Apparel Construction
- HSCI 2431 - Textiles
- HSCI 3332 - Quantitative Buying Methods
- HSCI 4331 - Clothing in Society
- HSCI 4334 - Global Issues in Textiles & Apparel
- HSCI 4336 - Apparel Product Development
- HSCI 4340 - Historical Structures & Interiors
Department of Human Sciences
Human Sciences Building, Rm 130
MSC 168 Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
This page was last updated on: November 11, 2013