Incoming New Honors College Students
Thinking of applying to the Honors College? We have a rolling application process. As soon as all your documents are received, the application will be reviewed. We need the file completed at least one month before the Hoggie Days orientation you plan to attend. Those meeting this deadline and accepted into the Honors College will be able to register for Honors courses during the Hoggie Days orientation.
To apply to the Honors College at Texas A&M University-Kingsville, the following requirements and documentation is needed:
- Student should first apply to Texas A&M University-Kingsville.
- Upon acceptance to TAMUK, the student is eligible to apply to the Honors College if they meet the minimum requirements.
- Complete either the Freshman or Transfer/Current Student application form and the essay.
- Submit two letters of recommendation (see the Honors College recommendation form), sent directly to the Honors College from the recommender. One should be from a teacher and the second from another teacher and/or school personnel.
- A current resume (work and/or curriculum vitae) should be submitted. Please include any awards, honors, clubs and offices held.
- Please submit a photograph (head-shot format) with name on the back. This photo will be used in the HC Photo Album! THE PICTURE IS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION SUBMISSION. No selfies.
- Transcripts are needed as part of the application process:
- For Freshmen: One unofficial High School transcript. If the high school student has taken college classes, unofficial transcript(s) should also be submitted from all Colleges.
- For Transfer/Current Students: All previous College transcripts.
- Unofficial transcripts can be sent in by the student with her/his application.
- Once the student has started at the Honors College, official transcripts may be requested
- Completed application form
- Typed essay question
- Unofficial transcripts for high school and/or colleges
- Photograph (head-shot format) with name on the back (REQUIRED)
- Two letters of recommendation submitted directly from the recommender
This page was last updated on: September 17, 2014