Incoming Freshman, Apply to the Honors College before July 1
For incoming students wanting to join the Honors College in Fall 2016, the final deadline to submit your application to the Honors College is July 1, 2016. However, if you are attending Hoggie Days before July 1, please submit your completed application no less than two weeks prior to your Hoggie Days orientation. This will allow us to evaluate the application and if accepted into the Honors College, the student can register for Honors courses while at the Hoggie Days event.
Applications for the Honors College will still be accepted after July 1, but the ability to take Honors courses will not start until the Spring 2017 semester.
To apply to the Honors College at Texas A&M University-Kingsville, the following requirements and documentation is needed:
- Student should first apply to Texas A&M University-Kingsville.
- Upon acceptance to TAMUK, the student is eligible to apply to the Honors College if they meet the minimum requirements.
- Complete the appropriate Freshman, Transfer or Current TAMUK Student application form and the essay.
- Submit two letters of recommendation (see the Honors College recommendation form). One should be from a teacher and the second from another teacher and/or school personnel. Ask the reviewers to place their recommendation in a signed sealed envelope so you can submit them with the rest of your documents.
- A current resume (work and/or curriculum vitae) should be submitted. Please include any awards, honors, clubs and offices held.
- Please submit a photograph head-shot format only. The pictures should be wallet size only and printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper. Cell phone, selfies, paper or xeroxed pictues will not be accepted. This photo will be used in the HC Photo Album! THE PICTURE IS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION SUBMISSION.
- Transcripts are needed as part of the application process:
- For Freshmen: One unofficial High School transcript. If the high school student has taken college classes, unofficial transcript(s) should also be submitted from all Colleges. If you have taken dual enrollment courses, we also need all the university/college transcripts (unofficial) for these courses.
- For Transfer or Current TAMUK Students: All previous College transcripts.
- Unofficial transcripts can be sent in by the student with her/his application.
- Once the student has started at the Honors College, official transcripts may be requested
We cannot evaluate the application until all documents are received. We highly recommend when asking for the required letters of recommendation or transcripts, you ask for these documents in a sealed envelope so you can submit the total application packet together.
- Completed application form
- Typed essay question
- Unofficial transcripts for high school and/or colleges
- Photograph (wallet size head-shot format) (REQUIRED)
- Two letters of recommendation
This page was last updated on: February 5, 2016