Please send Graduate Admission
Supporting Documents to the following address:
College of Graduate Studies
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
700 University Blvd., MSC 118
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
1. Complete and Submit the online application via https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX
2. $50 Non-refundable Application Fee
3. Official Transcripts from all previously attended Colleges and/or Universities (with certified English Translation). (High school/Secondary school transcripts are not required).
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 79 (Internet-based) or 550(Paper-based) is the university minimum requirement for all Graduate students. This score must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Services (ETS) and dated within two (2) years of enrollment. Residual (Institutional) TOEFL exams taken at another institution will not be accepted. TOEFL(Code#6822).
All international students are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS unless they qualify for a waiver.
The following are considered equivalent to the TOEFL scores of 79 (iBT)/550 (PBT):
- IELTS 6.0 or above overall band score.
- GRE Verbal Score 400 (Score on the Prior GRE Scale) or 146 (Score on the Current GRE Scale)
- Students who have completed their entire formal education at the secondary or postsecondary level in the following countries are exempt from the TOEFL requirement: American Samoa, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Federated States of Micronesia, Grenada, Guam, Guyana, Jamaica, Liberia, New Zealand, United Kingdom (all), Trinidad-Tobago, and Virgin Islands. Please note: Applicants from Puerto Rico, where Spanish is the primary language, are required to submit a TOEFL or equivalent.
- Based on the review and decision of the College of Graduate Studies, students who have earned at least 12 credits, with a grade C or better, in university-level courses from a U.S. institution or an institution in one of the countries listed above, may be exempt from TOEFL.
- TAMUK IEP completion of program certificate with an Advanced Plus. (TAMUK IEP placement test and recommendations from the IEP director are considered)
- Completion of the advanced-level Texas Intensive English Program (TIEP) offered by the Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC).
5. Students applying for a graduate program in business must submit the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) (Code#6822). Students applying for other graduate programs must submit the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) (Code#6822) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT)(for education majors only, Code#2242). These scores must be received directly from the testing facilities.
6. Personal Statement, Resume, Letters of Recommendation (2 or 3). Optional for some Graduate Programs. Please contact your department of interest for more information.
7. Copy of biographical page of your passport
8. Financial documents required for issuance of I-20. (If admitted)
9. Proof of sufficient Medical Insurance Coverage. All international students attending TAMUK are required to have the Texas A&M University System Student Health Insurance Plan (SSHIP). The plan is automatically charged to students' tuition and fee statements once they enroll in class. This information will be reflected on your form I-20 as well. For more information about the TAMUS Student Health Insurance Plan, please see our website: http://www.tamuk.edu/iss/insurance/index.html
10. International students transferring from another institution in the United States must submit the following additional documents:
- International Student Status Transfer Form completed by student and DSO of current institution
(form located in .pdf format on the Apply for Admission webpage)
- Updated proof of financial support dated within three months or less of the first enrollment at TAMUK
- Copy of current I-20; copy of student's F1 visa; Copy of I-95 (front & back)
- For students with dependents: Written notification requesting dependents to be included on I-20
11. Please contact the International Student Services (ISS) for further immigration information. firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last updated on: March 31, 2014