Lost & Found
Lost and Found services are provided by:
the Texas A&M University Kingsville Police Department
The following link contains brief descriptions of any lost items turning into the Police Office. If any of the following articles matches the description of the article you lost, please come by our department and be ready to describe the lost item and show a valid photo I.D.
If any of the following articles matches the description of the article you lost, please come by our department and be ready to describe the lost item and show a valid photo I.D.
Lost and found logs by year
This site is updated weekly. If item is not listed, please check with the University Police Department 24-hours a day at (361) 593-2611 or EXT. 2611
21.99.04 Disposition of Abandoned and Unclaimed Personal Property
Approved October 22, 1997
Revised September 1, 1999
Revised June 2, 2009
Reviewed May 30, 2012
Next Scheduled Review: May 30, 2017
The members of The Texas A&M University System (system) shall dispose of abandoned and unclaimed property as provided in this regulation.
Reason for Regulation
The purpose of this regulation is to provide guidance to members for the disposition of abandoned and unclaimed personal property.
Procedures and Responsibilities
1. All abandoned and unclaimed personal property coming into the possession of the campus police or other designated office shall be released to the owner upon proper identification and proof of ownership, except where the personal property is being held as evidence to be used in any pending criminal case.
2. Within a reasonable amount of time after the property is received, the member shall make an attempt to notify known owners through a mailed notice and unknown owners through a public notice as appropriately determined by the member.
3. After unclaimed personal property is held for a period of at least ninety (90) days, the property may be sold at a public auction. Public notice should be given in advance of the auction.
4. All proceeds received by a member from the handling, storage and/or sale of abandoned and unclaimed personal property are hereby appropriated to that member.
5. The chief executive officer of each member is responsible for issuing a member rule to implement this regulation and provide further instructions for the handling of abandoned and unclaimed personal property.
Related Statutes, Policies, or Requirements
Abandoned or Unclaimed Property – Personal property is considered abandoned or unclaimed if the identity or the valid address of the owner cannot be determined from the information available to the holder of the property.
Member Rule Requirements
A rule is required to supplement this regulation. See Section 5.
System Risk Management
System Risk Management (979) 458-6330
This page was last updated on: December 15, 2016