Lost & Found
Lost and Found services are provided by:
the Texas A&M University Kingsville Police Department
The following link contains brief descriptions of any lost items turning into the Police Office. If any of the following articles matches the description of the article you lost, please come by our department and be ready to describe the lost item and show a valid photo I.D.
If any of the following articles matches the description of the article you lost, please come by our department and be ready to describe the lost item and show a valid photo I.D.
This site is updated weekly. If item is not listed, please check with the University Police Department 24-hours a day at (361) 593-2611 or EXT. 2611
21.99.04 Disposition of Abandoned and Unclaimed Personal Property
October 22, 1997
Revised September 1, 1999
1. All abandoned and unclaimed personal property coming into the possession of the campus security or other designated office shall be released to the owner upon proper identification and proof of ownership, except where the personal property is being held as evidence to be used in any pending criminal case.
2. Within a reasonable amount of time after the property is received, the System component shall make an attempt to notify known owner//s through a mailed notice and unknown owners through a public notice as appropriately determined by the System component.
3. After unclaimed personal property is held for a period of at least ninety (90) days, the property may be sold at a public auction. Public notice should be given in advance of the auction.
4. All proceeds received by a System component from the handling, storage, and/or sale of abandoned and unclaimed personal property are hereby appropriated to that component.
5. The Chief Executive Officer of each System component is responsible for issuing a component rule or procedure to implement this regulation and provide further instructions for the handling of abandoned and unclaimed personal property.
This page was last updated on: September 13, 2015