Toward Excellence, Access & Success Grant Program
This program is to provide a grant to enabled well-prepared eligible students to attend public and private non-profit institutions of higher education in the state of Texas. The amount a student can receive depends on the number of hours taken by the student and the type of institution the student attends. It is an amount equal to the student's tuition and required fees. A student who:
- Is a Texas resident.
- Graduated from a public or accredited private high school in Texas no earlier than fall 1998.
- Completed the recommended or distinguished high school curriculum or its equivalent.
- Has financial need
- Has applied for any available financial aid assistance.
- Enrolls at least 3/4 time in an undergraduate degree or certificate program
- Has not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving a controlled substance.
Students who continue their college career and who meet the program academic standards can receive the TEXAS Grant for up to 150 semester credit hours or for six years, whichever come first.
The initial Texas Grant renewal criteria is based upon our Satisfactory Academic Progress.
The Continuing Texas Grant Renewal criteria is based upon the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board's Academic Progress. The criteria states that a student receiving the continuing Texas Grant must complete 75% of the attempted classes for Fall/Spring, and GPA must be greater than or equal to 2.5.
Students will be considered for this award upon the submission of their final high school transcript, which needs to be turned into the Office of Admission after graduation.
No separate Texas Grant Application is required. The student must complete a FAFSA application in order to determine financial need.
Initial Funds are limited, so the awards will be a first come first serve basis.
This page was last updated on: May 06, 2011