Accepting Awards Online
HOW TO VIEW AND ACCEPT YOUR FINANCIAL AID AWARDS
Students view their financial aid status and accept their financial aid award awards in the Blue and Gold Connection. The Terms and Conditions MUST be viewed and accepted BEFORE students can review the financial aid package. The following steps will help guide you through the process.
1. To begin, visit the Blue & Gold Connection (www.tamuk.edu/bluegold) and click LOGIN HERE
2. To access your account, you will need a User I.D. and a PIN.
- Your user I.D. is your K#. It must be entered with a capital K. For example: K0001234
- Your PIN is typically your birthday in the six digit format. For example: MMDDYY
If you need assistance in acquiring you log in ID or password, you may contact the Registrar’s Office at (361)593-2811.
3. From the Main Menu, select “Student & Financial Aid”.
4. From the Student and Financial Aid Menu, select “Financial Aid”.
5. On the Financial Aid Menu, select “Award”.
6. On the Award Menu, select “Award for Aid Year”.
7. On the Aid Year Menu, select the year in which you are inquiring about. For example, select Award Year 2014-2015 to include awards for Fall 2014/Spring 2015/Summer 2015.
8. Once you have selected an aid year, you will be able to view details of your award package in the different tabs available.
A. The “Award Overview” tab gives a brief over view of general financial aid information.
- Need Calculation- Your eligibility depends on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), your year in school, your enrollment status, and the cost of attendance. These factors are taken into consideration when determining your award package.
- Cost of Attendance (COA) – Your COA is the estimated amount it will cost you to go to school that is required to determine your financial aid eligibility.
- Cumulative Loan Information- This is the total amount of student loans that you have borrowed.
- Financial Aid Award- If you are offered financial aid, you would see your awards here.
9. The Terms and Conditions MUST be viewed and accepted BEFORE you can review your financial aid package. Click on the Terms and Conditions tab to review your rights and responsibilities. When you accept the terms and conditions, you are agreeing to the requirements of receiving financial aid, including revisions of aid, disbursement, enrollment and withdrawal regulations. Accepting Terms and Conditions does not mean you are accepting your award offer, it simply acknowledges that you have a better understanding of financial aid policies and your responsibilities as a financial aid recipient.
10. When you have reached the “Accept Award Offer” tab, you are ready to make a decision on which award items you would like to accept or decline.
a. Please note that grants are automatically accepted for you.
b. If you accept a Federal Direct Loan and are a first time borrower at TAMUK, you must complete additional requirements, including a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling. Both requirements should be completed at www.studentloans.gov.
This page was last updated on: September 24, 2015