Kim D. Jones, Director of the South Texas Environmental Institute Professor and Chairman
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1997
- M.S., Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1994
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, University of Texas at Austin,1981
- B.S., General Engineering, USMA, West Point, NY, 1974
Natural Systems engineering applications for solid and hazardous waste treatment; Environmental biotechnologies for air and water treatment; Geochemical interactions between organic pollutants and soils and sediments, characterization of natural organic matter extracted from soils, sediments and natural waters, Constructed wetlands, Vapor phase biofiltration for air toxics, water reuse applications, Fate and transport of contaminants in subsurface systems. Solid and hazardous waste management. Please visit Dr. Jones's research project to learn more about his research.
- Associate Professor and Chair, TAMUK (Environmental Engineering) 2004-present
- Assistant Professor, TAMUK, 1999-2004
- Consulting Engineer, Camp, Dresser & McKee Inc., Atlanta, GA, 1997 - 1999
- Research Associate, School of Civil & Envir. Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, 1992 - 1997
- District Engineer, ARCO International, Inc., Jakarta, Indonesia, 1990 - 1992
- Area Operations Engineer, ARCO Oil and Gas Company, Lafayette, LA, 1984 - 1990
- Research Engineer, ARCO Production Research, Plano, TX, 1981 - 1983
- Research Assistant, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, 1979 - 1981
- Captain, U.S. Army, Ft. Jackson, SC, Carlisle, PA, 1974 - 1979
Sample Publications (complete list)
- Jones, K.D., Martinez, A, Rizwan, M.and J.Boswell (2005) Sulfur Toxicity and Media Capacity for H2S Removal in Biofilters Packed with Both Natural and a Commercial Granular Media, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association,v55, n1:1-6.
- Jones, K.D., A. Martinez, K. Maroo, S. Deshpande, and J. Boswell (2004) An Evaluation of the Kinetics of H2S Biofiltration in the Presence of Ammonia for Two Media Used for Wastewater Lift Station Emissions, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, v54, n1: 24-35.
- Jones, K.D. and E. Hanna (2004) Design and Implementation of an Ecological Engineering Approach to Coastal Restoration at Loyola Beach, Kleberg County, Texas, Journal of Ecological Engineering, v22, 249-261.
- Jones, K.D. and W. Huang (2003) Evaluation of Toxicity of the Pesticides, Chlorpyrifos and Arsenic, in the Presence of Compost Humic Substances in Aqueous Systems, Journal of Hazardous Materials, v103: 93-105.
- Jones,K.D. and C.L. Tiller, 1999. "The Effect of Solution Chemistry on the Extent of Binding of Phenanthrene by a Soil Humic Acid: A Comparison of Dissolved and Clay Bound Humic Acid," Environ. Sci. Tech., 33, 580-587.
- Tiller, C.L. and K.D.Jones, 1997. "Effects of Dissolved Oxygen and Light Exposure on Determination of Koc Values Using Fluorescence Quenching," Environ. Sci. Tech., 31, 424-429.
- Jones, Kim D. and C. Banuelos (2000) Using Compost/Wood Chip Material as Biofiltration Media, Biocycle, Vol. 41, No. 10, October 20.
- Jones, K.D., Martinez, A., Maroo, K., Deshpande, S. and Banuelos, C. (2002) Biofiltration Applications for Air Emissions Control using Natural Media: Media Stability and Design Optimization, Proceedings of WEF Odors and Toxic Emissions 2002 Specialty Conference, April 28-May 1, Albuquerque, NM.
- Jones, K.D., Martinez, A., Deshpande, S. and Boswell, J. (2002) Kinetic Evaluation of H2S and Ammonia Biofiltration for Air Emissions Control, Proceedings of the 95th Air and Waste Management Association Annual Conference, June 23-27, Baltimore, MD.
- EVEN 6102. Graduate Seminar/Environmental Engineering
- EVEN 6305. Research in Environmental Engineering
- EVEN 6308. Fundamental Solid/Hazardous Waste
- EVEN 6313. Groundwater Contaminant Transport Modeling
- EVEN 6314. Ecosystem Simulation Modeling
- EVEN 6315. Fundamental Water Quality Modeling
- EVEN 6319. Chemical Principal / Environmental Engineering Design
- EVEN 6320. Environmental Risk Assessment and Management of Risk
- EVEN 6329. Environmental Monitoring & Measurements
- EVEN 6330. Ecological Engineering
- EVEN 6354. Environmental Management & Policy
- Vice Chair, South Texas Section, Society of Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration
- Member, Water Environmental Federation
- Member, Air & Waste Management Association
Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Georgia, License Number 22982
The Department of Enviromental Engineering
Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering
MSC 213 Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
voice: (361) 593-2187
fax: (361) 593-2069
This page was last updated on: February 01, 2011