Yahia M. Al-Smadi,Ph.D, P.E., Assistant Professor
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology January, 2009
- M.S., Manufacturing Systems Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology June, 2002
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Jordan University of Science and Technology June, 1999
- September 2013-Current Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University, Kingsville, TX
- March 2009-July 2013 Senior Mechanical Engineer, AECOM, New York, NY
- September 2009-May 2013. Adjunct Professor, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ
- October 2006-March 2009 Senior Mechanical Engineer, Parsons Transportation Group, New York, NY
- July 2002-October 2006 Mechanical Engineer, Bergman Associates, Jersey City, NJ
- January 2000-January 2001 Visual Aid Lab Engineer, Hashemite University, Zarqa, Jordan
- High performance computing
- Computational mechanics
- Blast induced brain trauma and thorax compartment injuries
- Safety, security and Crashworthiness analysis
- Structural dynamics and performance under high impulsive and non-conventional loading
- Mechanism Synthesis
- Mechanical design, analysis and manufacturing of heavy movable structures (including wind turbines)
- Chapter 29, “Design of Experiments Study to Obtain a Robust 3D Computational Bridge Model,” Topics on the Dynamics of Civil Structures, Volume 1, ISBN 978-1-4614-2412-3. Springer, 2012
- Chapter 52, “Numerical Simulations on the Performance of passive Mitigation Under Blast Wave Loading,” Topics in Structural Dynamics, Volume 6, Proceedings pf the 31st IMAC, (2013) ISBN 978-1-4614-6546-1. Springer, 2013
- S. Mutawe, Yahia M. Al-Smadi, S., Sodhi, R.S., “Designing Four-bar Linkages for Path Generation with Worst Case Joint clearances,” Engineering Letters, , Volume 20 Issue 2, Pages 143-147, (2012).
- Yahia M. Al-Smadi, “Synthesis of Multi-phase Five-bar Motion Generation with Gear Train Fabrication Tolerances,” Journal of Mechanism and Machine Theory, submitted, (2012).
- Yahia M. Al-Smadi, Kevin Russell, Raj S. Sodhi, “On Traveler Braking Mechanism Design with Elastic Deflection and Buckling Considerations,” Journal of Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines, 37, pp. 401–412, (2009).
- Yahia M. Al-Smadi, Kevin Russell, Raj S. Sodhi, “Geared Five-Bar Path Generators with Structural Constraints,” Journal of Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering, 17:8, pp. 1059–1072, (2009).
- Yahia M. Al-Smadi, Kevin Russell, Raj S. Sodhi, “Four-Bar Motion Generation with Elasticity Constraints and Optimization,” Journal of Multi-Body Dynamics, Vol. 223:3, pp. 245-253, (2009).
- Yahia M. Al-Smadi, Kevin Russell, Raj S. Sodhi, “Planar Four-bar Motion Generation with Static Structural Conditions,” ASME – Journal of Mechanisms and Robotic, Vol1, (2009).
The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
MSC 191; 700 University Blvd. Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
voice: (361) 593-2459
fax: (361) 593-4026
This page was last updated on: January 20, 2016