Patricia Polastri, Assistant Professor of Industrial Technology
PhD. Technology Management, Indiana State University.
M.S. Business Administration, International Marketing, Central Missouri State University
B.S. Business Administration, Marketing, Orebro University,
Assistant Professor of Industrial Technology, Texas A&M University
Research Fellow at Indiana State University
Research Fellow at University of Central Missouri
§ IMEN 5344 Lean Productions.
§ ITEN 5320 Supply Chain Management.
§ ITEN 3313 Energy & Power Technology.
§ ITEM 5300 Operations Research.
§ ITEN 3349 Manufacturing Productivity.
§ HRD 335 Technology and International Development.
§ TMGT 131 Introduction to Manufacturing.
§ IMT 421 Research & Development.
§ MGT 140 Understanding Business.
§ BUS 220 Dynamics of Professional Success.
§ FIN 200 Fundamentals of Finance.
§ FIN 307 Applied Personal Financial Management.
§ TMGT 195 Computer Applications.
§ INDM 5020 International Industrial Management,
§ INDM 4260 Organizational Dynamics.
§ INDM 4010 Industrial Management.
- P. Polastri, M.Affan Badar, “Globalization as Perceived by Indiana’s Automotive Manufacturing Industry” . International Conference on Agile Manufacturing Systems December 2011, Agra, India.
- Dr. Donald Harby, C. Chuenprasertsuk, P Polastri, “A New Approach to Teaching Programmable Logic Controllers” Proceedings of the ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, June 2007, Honolulu, HI.
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS SCHEDULED
- P.Polastri, “Made in America, still Matters!” Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). November 2013. New Orleans, Louisiana.
- P.Polastri and T. Alberts, “Educating the future workforce: A Matter Skills” Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). November 2013. New Orleans, Louisiana.
PAST CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- P. Polastri, “Assessing The Educational Needs Of The American Manufacturing Industry” Institute of Industrial Engineering (IIE), Annual Conference, Orlando, FL May 2012.
- P. Polastri and M. A. Badar, “Globalization as Perceived by Indiana’s Automotive Manufacturing Industry”, SSAM/ISPE International Conference on Agile Manufacturing Systems ICAM2011, Dec. 18-20, 2011, Agra, India.
- “Green Manufacturing”, P. Polastri, Dr. James Smallwood, ASQ SME ASM Meeting, Wabash Valley Chapter, February 2010, Terre Haute, Indiana.
- “Technology and Ethics, A Global Issue in Crisis, P. Polastri, G. Townsend, National Association of Industrial Technology (NAIT) Annual Conference and Exposition, October 2007, Panama City, Florida.
- “A New Approach to Teaching Programmable Logic Controllers”, Dr. Donald Harby, C. Chuenprasertsuk, P. Polastri, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, June 2007, Honolulu, Hawaii. Presented by Dr. Donald Harby.
- “Engineers Are Needed, Yeah! But What Kind?” P. Polastri and T. Alberts, Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). November 2011. Cleveland, Ohio.
- “Revisiting On-shoring”, Dauch Center for the Management of Manufacturing Enterprises Fall Conference, Krannert School of Management, Purdue University, Sept 16, 2011LaFayette, Indiana.
- APICS. Association for Operations Management, 2010- present
- ISM. Institute for Supply Management, 2010 – present
- ATMAE. Assn. of Technology, Management & Applied Engineering, 2006 - present
- SME. Society of Manufacturing Engineering, 2006 - present
- AME American Manufacturing Excellence, 2013 - present
- ROTARY INTERNATIONAL
- MANUFACTURING EXECUTIVE, Community for Manufacturing Leadership, 2011- present
- AMA. American Management Association, 2011 - present
- AMA. American Marketing Association, 2012 – present
Dr. Polastri joined Texas A&M University after numerous years in the global business arena where she acquired substantial international experience in the management of manufacturing enterprises throughout Europe. She has developed extensive knowledge and skills related to the various facets of both the application, as well as the administration of items related to industrial manufacturing management within the global marketplace. Her key areas of interest are globalization, manufacturing, supply chain management, international business, and industrial ethics. She currently serves as a manuscript reviewer for the International Journal of Modern Engineering. Dr. Polastri is a faculty member in the Industrial Management & Technology Department, and is currently the Faculty Advisor for the TAMUK student chapter of the Society of Manufacturing Engineering, and is also initiating a student chapter for the Association for Manufacturing Excellence.
PROFESSIONAL AND RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Lean business applications
- Supply Chain Management
- Globalization, Outsourcing/Offshoring
- International business
- Global Manufacturing & Logistics
- Sustainability and economic growth
- International Ethics and Marketing
- Lean & Green Manufacturing
Industrial Management and Technology
MSC 203 Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
This page was last updated on: June 26, 2014