Hongbo Su, Assistant Professor
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, Princeton University, 2008
- Ph.D., Cartography and GIS, Chinese Academy of Sciences , 2002
- B.E, Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Wuhan University, 1997
Land surface-atmospheric interactions with emphasis on energy balance and water cycling. Surface hydrology, quantitative remote sensing, Geographic Information Systems.
- Assistant Professor, Environmental Engineering, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, 2010-current
- Research Scientist, Center for Research on Environment and Water (CREW), Institute of Global Environment & Society (IGES), 2009-2010
- Research Associate, Center for Research on Environment and Water (CREW), Institute of Global Environment & Society (IGES), 2006-2009
- Yongmin Yang, Hongbo Su, Renhua Zhang (2012), "Estimation of regional evapotranspiration based on remote Sensing: A case study in the Heihe River Basin", Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, Vol. 6, Article No. 061701.
- S. H. Chen, H. B. Su, R. H. Zhang, J. Tian, and L. H. Yang (2008), "Improving Empirical Mode Decomposition Using Support Vector Machines for Multifocus Image Fusion", Sensors, vol. 8, pp. 2500- 2508
- M.F. McCabe, E.F. Wood, R. Wójcik, M. Pan, J. Sheffield, H. Gao and H. Su (2008) "Hydrological consistency using multi-sensor remote sensing data for water and energy cycle studies", Remote Sensing of Environment, Vol. 112, Issue 2, Pages 430-444.
- Renhua Zhang, Jing Tian, Hongbo Su, Xiaomin Sun, Shaohui Chen, Jun Xia (2008), "Two mprovements of an Operational Two-Layer Model for Terrestrial Surface Heat Flux Retrieval", Sensors, 8(10), 6165-6187
- Hongbo Su, Eric F. Wood, H. Wang and Rachel T. Pinker (2008), "Spatial and Temporal Scaling Behavior of Surface Downward Shortwave Radiation Based on MODIS and In-situ Measurements", IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 5, pp. 542-546
- Chen, S. H.; Su, H. B.; Zhang, R. H. (2008), "Feature Space and Measure Metric for Fusing Multisensor Images", International Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 29, pp. 3257-3270.
- Jing Tian, Renhua Zhang, Hongbo Su, Xiaomin Sun, Shaohui Chen and Jun Xia (2008), "An Automatic Instrument to Study the Spatial Scaling Behavior of Emissivity," Sensors, 8, 800-816.
Department of Environmental Engineering
Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering, EC 369
MSC 213 Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
voice: (361) 593-3061
fax: 361) 593-2069
This page was last updated on: June 11, 2014