William A Heenan, Professor P.E.
Professor P.E. Chemical & Natural Gas Engineering Program
Phone: (361) 593-2381
Fax: (361) 593-2106
EC 301F, Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering
Kingsville, TX 78363
Dr. Heenan came to the university in 1977 and has been the Chair of the Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering Program since 1992. From 1980 to 1982, he worked as a staff engineer and process control group leader for the Celanese Chemical Corporation in Bishop, Texas. He returned to the university in 1982 and has remained ever since. He also has taught at the University of Houston, at the Houston and Victoria campuses, and the University of Puerto Rico.
- Ph.D., Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering, University of Detroit, 1969
- M.S., Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering, University of Detroit, 1967
- B.S., Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering, University of Detroit, 1964
- Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Kingsville, TX (1982 - Present)
- Interim Dean, Frank H. Dotterweich Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering (2002 to present)
- Chairman and Professor, Department of Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering (1992-2002)
- Professor of Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering (1982 to present)
- Staff Engineer and Process Control Group Leader, Celanese Chemical Corporation, Bishop, Texas (1980 – 1982)
- Associate Professor of Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering, TAMUK (1977 – 1980)
- Visiting Associate Professor of Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering, University of Houston, (1975 – 1977)
- Associate and Assistant Professor of Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering, University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez, P.R. (1969 – 1975)
- CACHE Corporation, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1975-1980.
- Celanese Chemical Corporation, Bishop, Texas, 1978-1988.
- OXYCHEM, Corporate Consultant, Corpus Christi, Texas, 1991-Present.
- Lyondell Petrochemical Corporation, 1995-Present.
- Angus Chemical Corporation, 1996-Present.
- Quality Monitoring and Control, Inc., 1996- Present.
- Equistar, 1998-Present.
- Jones, K.D., Martinez, A, Rizwan, M.and J.Boswell (2005) Sulfur Toxicity and Media Capacity for H2S Removal in Biofilters Packed with Both Natural and a Commercial Granular Media, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association,v55, n1:1-6.
- Jones, K.D., A. Martinez, K. Maroo, S. Deshpande, and J. Boswell (2004) An Evaluation of the Kinetics of H2S Biofiltration in the Presence of Ammonia for Two Media Used for Wastewater Lift Station Emissions, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, v54, n1: 24-35.
- Jones, K.D. and E. Hanna (2004) Design and Implementation of an Ecological Engineering Approach to Coastal Restoration at Loyola Beach, Kleberg County, Texas, Journal of Ecological Engineering, v22, 249-261.
- Heenan, W.A. and R.A. McLauchlan, “Development of an Integrated Engineering Sophomore Year Curriculum”, Presented at and published in the Proceedings of FIE 1996, (Frontiers in Education), November 1996, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Cardenas, A.R., A.A. Pilehvari and W.A. Heenan, “Is There a Hope for Adsorbed Natural Gas (ANG) Vehicles?”, Gas Technology Conference, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, May 1996.
- McLauchlan, R.A., Heenan, W.A., “Development of an Integrated Engineering Curriculum for the Sophomore Year”, Presented at and Published in Proceedings of ABET ’96, October 1996, San Diego, California.
- Pilehvari, A., W.A. Heenan and J. Chisholm, “A New Natural Gas Engineering Degree Program with an Emphasis in Environmental Engineering”, SPE Meeting, houston, Texas, March 1997.
- Heenan, W.A., R.A. McLauchlan, “Development and Implementation of an Integrated Curriculum for the Sophomore Year”, Submitted to ICEE 1997 for consideration for Presentation and Publication in the: Proceedings of the 1997 International Conference on Engineering Education: Progress through Partnerships, August 14-15, 1997, Chicago, Illinois.
- McLauchlan, R.A., W.A. Heenan, “Development and Implementation of an Integrated Sophomore Engineering Curriculum,” Proceedings of the 1997 Frontiers in Education, November 5-8, 1997, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
- Heenan, W. A. and Van Buskirk, P. D., “Basic Process Design Report-
Technichem Ecological Refinery”, Design report for waste oil and distillate
to diesel, naptha and heavy products. August 18, 2001
- Heenan, W. A. and Van Buskirk, P. D., “Design of a Process to convert
Waste oil and distillate to Diesel, Naptha and Heavy Products”, to be submitted.
- Heenan, W.A., Serth, R.W., and Doppelt, A.E., “The Confounding of Backpropagation Neural Networks Used For Process Control”, to be submitted.
- Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Member, Tau Beta Pi
- Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers
Institutional and Professional Service
- Chairman, Department of Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering
- Sophomore Team Leader for The Foundation Coalition at Texas A&M University-Kingsville (NEF Sponsored Engineering Education Grant)
- Faculty Mentoring Committee, University Grievance Committee
- General Education Committee, Board of Directors for Quality Monitoring and Control, Inc.
Annual Conference American Society of Chemical Engineers; Annual Convocation and Technical Exposition of the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
Department of Chemical & Natural Gas Engineering
EC 301F, Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering
MSC Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
voice: (361) 593-2381
fax: (361) 593-2106
This page was last updated on: February 01, 2011