Faleh T. Al-Saadoon, Professor P.E.
- Ph.D., Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, 1970
- M.S., Petroleum Engineering, West Virginia University, 1966
- B.S., Petroleum Engineering, West Virginia University, 1965
- Unconventional gas resources
- Profile control/modification using cross-linked polymer
- Reservoir characterization/management
- Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Kingsville, TX (9/82 - Present)
- Chair 9/82 – 10/87
- Interim Director of Sponsored Research 6/88 – 8/89
- Actively involved during summers with several international companies.
Honors and Awards
- Awarded a research grant of $38,314.00 by Morgantown Energy Technology Center to evaluate in-place gas, reserves, and production of coaled methane using vertical boreholes.
- Awarded a two-year Short-Visit Research Travel Contract by Oak Ridge Associated Universities for Collaborative research in the evaluation and validation of coal-gas production simulators against a variety of appropriate field data.
- Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Member, Corpus Christi Area Measurement Society
Institutional and Professional Service
- The American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers, Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Pi Epsilon Tau, membership in the national petroleum engineering honorary for students.
- Tau Beta Pi, membership in the national engineering honorary for students
- Attended many industry-sponsored short courses and professional meetings and visited research laboratories.
Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, California, and West Virginia
Chemical & Natural Gas Engineering
EC 318, Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering
MSC Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville, Texas 78363-8202
voice: (361) 593-2380
fax: (361) 593-2106
This page was last updated on: February 01, 2011