A recent survey of U.S. corporate executives found that all new employees “are expected to have an expertise in information technology.” In fact, the survey found that a person with a background in information technology will usually be hired before a comparable individual without that background. To meet this need, the College Information Systems Department offers the Certificate in Information Systems (IS). Requirements for the certificate allow students some flexibility in choosing courses while ensuring a level of competence that can be demonstrated to future employers. Thus, the certificate complements all majors.
Complement the education of all business accounting, finance, management, marketing, and computer science majors (14 credits).
- ISYS 3356 – Systems Analysis and Design – 3 cr
- ISYS 3358 – Business Information Systems – 3 cr
- MGMT 3321– Principles of Management – 3 cr
- ISYS 4230 – Small Business Enterprise Management Systems – 2 cr
- ISYS 4358 – Information Systems Project Management – 3 cr
Dr. Richard A. Aukerman
Interim Dean & Chair, IS Department
This page was last updated on: May 13, 2013