Slick Topic at Annual Community Breakfast
By Tim Olmeda, Kingsville Record
Local residents and business leaders gathered at Texas A&M University-Kingsville Thursday for the second annual Community Breakfast, which was highlighted by a three-member panel discussion on the impact of the Eagle Ford Shale boom on local and state resources.
The 90-minute event, moderated by Greater Kingsville Economic Development Council Executive Director Dick Messbarger, was held in the ballroom of the Memorial Student Union Building. Attendees listened to individual presentations by Texas Railroad Commissioner David Porter; Tom Best, president of TBGH Investments Ltd.; and Manuel Ugues, corporate business services director at Serco of Texas. Read more.
Dr. Thomas Krueger Receives
Best in Track Award
Dr. Thomas Krueger was awarded the Best in Track Award in Investments and Portfolio Management at the Academy of Finance meeting in Chicago. The academy is an international association of finance professors and practitioners. His papers, co-authored with C. Edward Chang, Professor of Finance at Missouri State University entitled "How Good Are Consumer Reports Recommendations of Mutual Funds?" was chosen from 94 for one of four awards. The other awards were in Corporate Finance, Financial Institutions, and International Finance.
Spring Semester Dean's Forum
More than 20 students attended the spring semester Dean's Forum Monday, April 16 in the College of Business Administration. The lunch meeting was organized and sponsored by the Student Government Association. Dr. Tom Dock led the informal discussion answering student questions that were submitted prior to the meeting.
- Congratulations to business accounting alums Tiffany Lynn Bordovsky ('05) and Rosemary C. Elizondo ('04) for passing the CPA exams. Tiffany is currently employed at P. Malcolm Gulley, CPA as a Certified Public Accountant in Karnes City, Texas and Rosemary is an Assistant Controller in Houston, Texas.
- Congratulations to Rob Ramirez ('07) with his appointment to Director of Physical Plant at Texas A&M-Kingsville. Rob has been with the university since 2004 serving in various capacities. He received his BBA from this university and is certified by the Project Management Institute as a Project Management Professional.
Thanks to Our March Classroom Speakers!
Stay connected with the CBA!
- Marty Nash – H-E-B Corpus Christi Operations General Manager, "The Leadership Edge"
- Julie Humble – Dell - Global Project Manager, "Statistics in Web Marketing"
- Frank Salazar – Texas Farm Bureau Insurance Agent, "Statistics in Insurance"
- John Jackson – Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, "Fixed Income Investments"
- Dave DeLaney – King Ranch, "King Ranch Projects"
- Bud Malcik – Edward Jones, "Portfolio Management"
- Jonathan Markley – Lockheed Martin Space Systems-Principal Engineer & (CPE) Command & Data Handling, "Statistics in the Aeronautical Industry"
For More Information, Contact: College of Business Administration
MSC 182, 700 University Blvd., Kingsville, TX 78363-8202
Contact Phone: 361-593-3801