In accordance with the university rule 11.99.99.K1 (1.1.2) for Camps and Youth Outreach Programs and Standard Administrative Procedure 11.99.99K1.01 (3.3.2) all camps or youth outreach program sponsors must conduct background checks on all staff or volunteers if any program participants are under the age of eighteen.
The background checks will include criminal history checks and sex offender data base checks and will be conducted in accordance with System Regulation 33.99.14.
1. The camp or program hiring authority shall be responsible for having each staff or volunteer complete a Background Check Authorization Form. The form is available from Human Resources: http://www.tamuk.edu/finance/hr/documents/background_check.pdf
2. The camp or program hiring authority should submit the completed form to the University Police Department as soon as possible. The department will be charged a nominal fee for each background check conducted.
3. The University Police Department will send the results to the Director of Human Resources when the background check is complete.
4. The Director of Human Resources will notify the department when the background checks are complete.
5. Questions about the background check process should be directed to Mr. Leon Bazar, Director of Human Resources.
BACKGROUND CHECKS MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE START OF THE INDIVIDUAL STARTING TO WORK / VOLUNTEER WITH THE CAMP / YOUTH OUTREACH PROGRAM.
This page was last updated on: June 12, 2012