Financial Responsibility Agreement
NEW FOR ALL SEMESTER REGISTRATIONS, BEGINNING 3/30/2012:
A Financial Responsibility Agreement will appear when you login to Blue & Gold to register for classes. It is required that you read and agree to its conditions before being allowed to proceed with registration. This agreement notifies you of all the payment options that are available. The University will also be authorized to enroll you in an installment payment plan if you have paid at least 25% of the current semester's tuition and fees due on drop day. This will prevent you from being dropped from one or more of your classes and avoid the $100.00 reinstatement fee. Please read the full agreement details below. If you have questions, please contact the Business Office at 361-593-2616.
At the time of registration for any semester or term, every student is required to accept the Texas A&M University-Kingsville (TAMUK) Financial Responsibility Agreement, the terms of which follow below. If the agreement is declined, registration will not be allowed.
TAMUK Financial Responsibility Agreement
I [name of student], hereby agree to pay the balance of my tuition and fees by one of the three options stated in this agreement.
Payment in full for all registered classes is required by the deadline stated in the semester calendar.
OPTION 1. I may choose to pay/and or use financial aid to pay my balance in FULL on or before the payment due date established by TAMUK.
- I understand that any change in my class schedule may affect my charges.
- If I add a class or change classes, I will pay/and or use financial aid to pay the FULL amount due for the changes made on or prior to the due date as stated in the academic calendar.
Failure to pay in full will constitute automatic acceptance of the 4-Payment Installment Payment Option listed under OPTION 2.
OPTION 2. FALL AND SPRING SEMESTERS ONLY – I may choose to pay my balance on the Installment Payment Option. TAMUK offers a 4-Payment Installment Plan. By doing so I agree:
- To pay and/or use my financial aid award to cover the first installment of 25% of my balance by the payment deadline.
- I will pay the remaining installment payments on or before the due date specified for each installment.
- I understand that INSTALLMENT AMOUNTS MAY CHANGE over time to account for any new charges, payments, or financial aid adjustments.
- If I add a class, I must pay the minimum amount due to cover the 25% and that payment must be made prior to the last day of late registration as stated in the academic calendar. The Installment Payment Plan will recalculate within 24 hours of the addition of hours and an email will be sent to your University email address to notify you of the changes. I can also contact the Business Office to have them manually recalculate the amount due immediately after the addition in hours is completed.
- I also agree to pay the non-refundable payment plan setup fee of $30.00 and that it will be calculated into my installment payments.
- I understand that a $15.00 late fee will be assessed for each installment payment that is late.
- I understand that I can enroll for this option online through MoneyConnect and that the entire first payment of 25% must be made on or before the payment deadline or at the time of enrollment in the plan beginning on the day the first installment payment is due.
I acknowledge that by signing this agreement, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, has the right to enroll me in the 4-Payment Installment Payment Option should I make the minimum required payment but fail to complete the online enrollment process through MoneyConnect.
OPTION 3. Emergency Tuition Loan - I may choose to borrow from the Emergency Tuition Loan program. TAMUK offers an Emergency Tuition Loan that is available on a limited fund basis for qualifying students.
- I understand that I must meet the eligibility requirements of maintaining satisfactory academic progress, good credit history with the university and a reliable means of repayment.
- I understand that I will be denied an Emergency Tuition Loan if I have any outstanding balance or financial assistance holds. I also understand that if I have been sent to a collections agency for outstanding balance or have had two checks returned for any reason that I am not eligible to borrow from this program.
- I also agree to pay the non-refundable processing fee of $15.00 and that it will be added to the loan at the time of the application.
- I understand that interest will be assessed if not paid in full by the deadline.
- I understand that I must enroll for this option online through the MoneyConnect.
- I understand that the Emergency Tuition Loans are processed on a first-come-first-served basis as long as funds are available.
I understand that failure to choose a payment option by the payment deadline established by TAMUK will result in a $35 registration late payment fee. I also understand that my classes may be dropped for non-payment.
I understand that the University assigned email address is the official method of communication by the Business Office, unless a preferred email has been provided in MoneyConnect. It is the student’s responsibility to check and manage their email account so that important information can be received. As billing statements are available online, your failure to receive a billing statement does not constitute a valid reason for not paying a bill in a timely manner. Charges that result from failure to pay on time or to respond to a Business Office message are the student’s responsibility.
I understand that by signing this Statement of Financial Responsibility it authorizes the Business Office to utilize any and all addresses, electronic addresses and phone numbers (including cellular numbers) available when attempting to contact students in regards to student financial information. It is also agreed that the Business Office may disclose all contact information along with other relevant information to any outside collection agencies used for the collection of student account fees and authorizes them to utilize any and all information provided to them.
I understand that should I receive any financial aid (scholarships, federal loans, grants or stipends) prior to the payment due date of the Installment Plan or Emergency Loan it will be applied toward any balance owed for the semester and if the applied financial aid is greater than the balance a refund will be issued for the difference.
THIRD PARTY BILLING
I understand that it is my responsibility to submit to an Accounts Receivable Representative in College Hall, Room 111 (ph: 361-593-4890) any third party letter of credit or payment agreement at least one week prior to the beginning of classes for a term. I understand that if I drop or add classes I need to notify an Accounts Receivable Representative of these changes. I understand that the University will apply the letter of credit to my charges based on the terms of the letter/agreement and that the University will bill the third party after the last day to withdraw from a semester and receive a refund only if applicable. I further understand that I am responsible for any portion of charges that are not paid by the third party and that the balance must be satisfied before I will be allowed to register for future semesters or receive official university documents. I understand that receipt of third party benefits may affect my financial aid award and could result in an adjustment of the award.
I also understand that failure to meet the terms of this agreement may entitle Texas A&M University-Kingsville to (1) refuse subsequent registration for any classes and/or drop current classes, (2) withhold grades, diplomas, or transcripts from being released until the unpaid balance and other collection costs are paid in full.
I understand that if a check is returned unpaid, for any reason, by my banking institution, including electronic checks, I will be charged a $30.00 returned check fee. I also understand if I had two checks written to the University that have been returned unpaid, the University will no longer accept checks from me.
I understand that the University will place for collection any delinquent balance and that I will be responsible for all costs of collection and enforcement, in addition to other amounts due.
I understand that withdrawal refunds are determined by the total amount charged for the number of enrolled semester credit hours at the time of withdrawal. Withdrawal percentages are applied to the total amount of tuition and fees due for the semester as prescribed by state law, not the amount paid. I understand that it is my responsibility to formally notify the Registrar’s Office and to follow proper procedures when withdrawing from the University. Failure to pay fees, failure to accept or receive financial aid, failure to attend class or refusing financial aid does NOT constitute an official withdrawal from Texas A&M University-Kingsville.
I authorize the use of financial aid funds, and/or Title IV financial aid funds to pay for non-institutional charges (i.e. parking permits, parking fines, late fees, etc…). I understand that I may rescind this authorization for non-financial aid non-institutional charges at any time by submitting written notice to the Texas A&M University-Kingsville Business Office.
I further understand that my student account is considered by TAMUK, an institution of higher learning, to be an educational loan made to me to assist in the financing of my education, and therefore is not dischargeable under the United States Bankruptcy code.
A student who fails to make full payment of tuition and fees, including any incidental fees, by the due date may be prohibited from registering for classes until full payment is made. A student who fails to make payment prior to the end of the semester may be denied credit for the work done that semester.
This page was last updated on: April 02, 2012