E&G Accounts - Unallowable Expenditures
The funds appropriated by the General Appropriations Act (State Funds) may not be used to purchase the following expenditures. This is a partial listing.
See also the Expenditure Guideline Matrix (Excel). For specific expenditures not listed, please contact the Accounts Payable Department.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Alumni Activities
- Airfare to Students
- Airfare paid with a personal credit card instead of a Citi bank T-Card
- Auxiliary Enterprises
- Charitable Organizations
- Christmas Cards
- Commencement Ceremonies
- Expenditures relating to students
- Flowers, Floral Arrangement, and Plants
- Food Purchases
- Gifts and Awards ($100.00)
- Legal size paper or file cabinets
- Moving expenses
- Notary bonds
- Recruiting out-of-state students, includes all costs associated with the recruitment
- Reimbursements to students or non-employees
- Tips and Gratuities
- State taxes
Regardless of the source of funds our institutions policy is to adhere to the State expenditures requirements. However, there are and will be exceptions, for instance, an expense may be disallowed according to the state requirements on a state account, but an allowable expense on a grant account. Always when in doubt call us.
Local Accounts - Allowable Expenditures
Although our institutions policy is to adhere to the State expenditure requirements Local funds can be spent for some expenses not allowed on State accounts. The following can be paid from local funds with restrictions.
It is a mandatory charge, usually identified on the ticket as a "service charge".
- Sales tax
The purchases was made in person out of state
This page was last updated on: October 01, 2014