Music Graduate Studies
Fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), Texas A&M University-Kingsville’s, Department of Music offers a Master of Music degree with specializations in both music education and performance.
The Master of Music in Music Education and the Master of Music in Music Performance are both 36-hour programs. There are various concentrations within each of these degree programs:
M.M. Music Education with concentrations in Instrumental Education, Vocal Education, and Elementary Music Education.
- The degree is structured with the busy music educator in mind
- The degree can be completed in three consecutive summers with our intensive 2-week summer courses (4 courses each summer).
- The degree has 15 hours of core music classes and 18 hours of specialization courses in the student’s area of concentration. The degree will be completed with a 3 credit-hour final research project.
M.M. Music Performance with concentrations in Instrumental Performance and Vocal Performance
- The degree is taught in the traditional 2 year – long semester – format.
- The degree has 18 hours of core music classes and electives, 12 hours of applied lessons, and 3 hours of ensembles. The degree will be completed with a 3 credit-hour final Graduate Recital.
For a description of all the graduate courses in music, please see the University’s Graduate Catalog, please click here
For application information, please see the Graduate School’s graduate admissions page, please click here
Graduate Teaching Assistantships and Scholarships may be available for well-qualified applicants
For more information about our program offerings, please contact:
Dr. Darin Hoskisson
This page was last updated on: February 15, 2017