Graduate Enrollment Requirements in the Dick and Mary Lewis Kleberg College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Human Sciences

Master of Science Requirements

The College of Graduate Studies Requires a minimum overall undergraduate GPA o 2.6 for entry into the Master of Science program.

Students who have an overall undergraduate GPA between 2.0-2.6 can still qualify if their GPA for the last 60 undergraduate hours is 3.0 and above or if they score a minimum of 1000-quantitative plus verbal- on the GRE.

Students who do not meet these requirements still have an opportunity to improve their GPA by enrolling in undergraduate courses under the direction of their advisor.

Doctorate Requirements

For the doctorate in Wildlife science, candidates must hold the Master of Science degree and have an acceptable combination of GRE scores, TOEFL score or intensive English training-for international students, and overall GPA. These requirements may vary by advisor. For more information, please see the Graduate Catalog.

For the Cooperative Doctorate in Horticulture, candidates must apply through Texas A&M University in College Station. While the final degree will be issued by Texas A&M, field work is conducted in conjunction with Texas A&M University-Kingsville.

This page was last updated on: January 4, 2016