Advising Procedures for the College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Human Sciences

Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors

All students must be advised by the college academic advisor, who is located in the Dean's Office, Support Services Building Room 110. Students need to make an advising appointment with their advisor every semester. Students that fail to do so will have a "hold" placed on their records until they complete this appointment.

Every student will be advised by a departmental faculty member for career advising.

Dr. Benjamin Turner

Agriculture Science
Certified - Dr. Randall Williams
Non-certified - Dr. Steven Chumbley

Plant & Soil Science
Agronomy -
Dr. Greta Shuster
Horticulture - Dr. Shad Nelson
Environmental Soil Science - Dr. David Ruppert

Animal Science
Last names A-E - Dr. Randy Stanko
Last names F-J - Dr. Michelle Garcia
Last names K-O - Dr. Steven Lukefahr
Last names P-T - Dr. Tanner Machado
Last names U-Z - Dr. Natasha Bell

Range & Wildlife Management
Last names A-B - Dr. Alan Fedynich
Last names C-F - Dr. Bart Ballard
Last names G-I - Dr. Fidel Hernandez
Last names J-L - Dr. Alfonso "Poncho" Ortega
Last names M-P - Dr. Randy DeYoung
Last names Q-S - Dr. Sandra Rideout - Hanzak
Last names T-Z - Dr. April Conkey

Family & Consumer Sciences Education
Dr. Kathleen Rees

Fashion Merchandising
Dr. Seung Bong Ko

Human Nutrition
Mrs. Alexia Carrier

Human Development & Family Studies
Dr. Timothy Oblad

Transfer Students

Once admitted, transfer students should contact Mr. Javier Mendoza for information regarding academic advising. 

Transfer coursework is evaluated by Texas A&M University-Kingsville standards. Courses from a community college will be transferred in as lower division credit only. Transfer coursework grade point average is brought in as CREDIT ONLY. Transfer grades cannot be used to raise the grade point average at this university.

Mr. Mendoza will evaluate transfer credits once they have been articulated by the Office of Admissions and explain how the credits apply to the chosen degree plan.

This page was last updated on: May 31, 2016