The university will allow credit for work done at other institutions that are fully approved by the appropriate regional accrediting agency. Students from other colleges seeking admission must present evidence of honorable dismissal and official transcripts of their entire college history.
- Complete and submit an Application for Admission. Students must complete
the Apply Texas Application. The application is available in paper form or online at www.applytexas.org.
- Pay the $25 non-refundable application fee. The fee must accompany the application.
- Submit official copies of all transcripts from other universities and colleges. Former course work taken at other universities will be translated into Texas A&M-Kingsville equivalents based on whether it is equal in character and content. Even though general credit may be granted, not all course work will necessarily be used for graduation requirements in degree plans. For a timely evaluation all credentials should be sent directly to the Office of Admission not later than three weeks prior to the opening of the term or semester for which the applicant is seeking admission.
- The university permits students to transfer lower division (freshman and sophomore) courses from a community college as long as the work fulfills their particular degree requirements. No work taken at a community college can be transferred as an upper-division (junior or senior) level course.
- Applicants with no more than one semester's work and less than a 2.0 grade point average may be considered for admission on scholastic probation if they can meet admission requirements for freshman unconditional admission. See the Freshman Admission section for admission requirements.
- An applicant who has more than one semester's work must have an overall average of 2.0/4.0 for admission. This average is calculated on all transferred college work the applicant has undertaken, whether passed or failed. To be accepted into the College of Engineering, the overall grade point average from all college work must be 2.5/4.0 or greater.
- A student who is not entitled to continue work at another institution because of academic failure will not be admitted to this university. When the student becomes academically eligible for readmission to the former institution, the student may apply for admission to this institution.
- Transfer course work grade point average is brought in as CREDIT ONLY. Transfer grades cannot be used to raise the grade point average at this university. Work brought in after the initial enrollment will not be used to duplicate previously transferred courses.
- Courses that are vocational or technical in nature are not automatically accepted by Texas A&M-Kingsville. These courses must be approved by the appropriate academic departments and resubmitted to the Office of Admissions for articulation.
- For credit evaluation of a course from a non-regionally accredited institution or a course originally intended as a non-transfer course from a vocational/technical program, please submit this form.
This page was last updated on: September 14, 2015