High School Dual Enrollment Admission
The Texas A&M University-Kingsville Dual Enrollment Program allows a high school student to earn college credit(s) while fulfilling high school requirements. To be eligible, a student must meet the following criteria:
- The student is in high school, pursuing the Distinguished High School Program at a junior or senior level.
- The student has “B” overall high school average.
- The high school principal or senior counselor must recommend the student and sign the Dual Enrollment Form.
- A paper application for admission and $15 application fee. The paper application is available from the high school senior counselor.
- A high school transcript.
- The student must demonstrate that he or she is exempt under the provisions of the Texas Success Initiative or be deemed “college ready” by scoring the minimum passing grade in the appropriate assessment tests.
- Enrollment will be limited to a maximum of seven (7) hours each long term (fall or spring) or for a maximum of four (4) hours each summer session.
Eligible high school students should first contact their high school counselor. School officials may request more information from the Office of Admission, Texas A&M-Kingsville.