What to Bring
The ACT Residual consists of four paper-pencil, multiple-choice tests: English (45 minutes), Mathematics (60 minutes), Reading (35 minutes) and Science Reasoning (35 minutes). Allowing time to fill in personal data, the test takes approximately four hours to take.
ACT-approved calculators are allowed on the Mathematics test, but are not required. The following types of calculators are NOT allowed:
- pocket organizers
- handheld or laptop computers
- electronic writing pads or pen-input devices
- models with a QWERTY (typewriter) keypad
- models with paper tapes
- models that make noise
- models that can communicate (transfer data or information) wirelessly with other calculators
- models that require a power cord
- Casio: CFX-9970G and Algebra fx 2.0
- Texas Instruments TI-89 and TI-92
- Hewlett-Packard: HP-40G and HP-49G
For important information regarding the ACT Residual, please take a few minutes to review "Taking the ACT" brochure.
This page was last updated on: March 24, 2014